Tuesday, February 02, 2021

My first blogging challenge: success!

Though I may have cheated a bit by stocking up on the weekends, I did post a character a day. Below is the index. Mostly Traveller, and a few T5 characters so I am getting into that. I do need to read more of the T5 mechanics as I think I do like certain parts of them at any rate. And as per my signature over on COTI, I do likeT5 as a tool box. There are a lot of things that can be used in almost any Traveller game, and even other RPGs. I do seem to be a collector of game things...

And Zine Quest 3 has started on Kickstarter and already I've backed a couple. I'd do more but until my finances get back to where they were, I am already pushing things a bit (working at a 30% pay cut, and no idea when I'll get back to "normal" and if they will make up for a the lost wages. I am not complaining - I am a lot luckier than most people as I can work from home. And it has helped me trim my Kickstarter habit a bit. Not enough though!)

I'm going to try & get back to some map making: one of the blogs I looked at in this challenge had a really nice way of putting some of his graphics together that have inspired me to try a few new things.

My plans are to see about continuing my solo play and expanding on my Traveller universe (MTU), and work on my map making and adventure works. All the stuff I put on hold this month while concentrating on getting the characters done. I did paint a giant scorpion, so will have to bring that into my play test for the labyrinth I am working on! And more crafting.

Made a floor from craft sticks.

1 comment:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Congrats!

I also finished the challenge so I am catching up on reading everyone else's posts.
Your blog is going to be a treat for me since I have been wanting to get back into Traveller. Looking forward to seeing what you did and which versions of the RPG you used.