Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Character Challenge 5 of 31: FATE - Anna Lincoln, the Grey Cat

 I'll be playing in a Fate Vigilante game that takes place in 1935 New York City. Never played Fate so this will be a bit of a challenge as the rules and game play is a bit different than what I am used to.  In keeping with the pulp vigilante theme, I poked around my Lego characters and this one seemed to work for me:


This is actually Huntress (with Space Cat back there in the background) but, as I don't have any pulp era type of regular minis, and have an excessive number of Lego Minis, this is what I have. Of course, we're not at a table so I don't need a mini. I just like having one to help me focus when playing. And I like Lego :)

Note: I've made some updates to yesterday's character: I made a mistake in how many spells Groink could have! Links at the bottom of this post, or just scroll back in time.

So I needed a background, and this is what I've come up with:

Full name: Anna Lincoln
Age: 21
Strengths: amazing dexterity, money for the gadgets, socialite
Weaknesses: dubious sense of morality,
Story of your adolescence: grew up in a pampered home and was training to the 1932 Olympics in Berlin when her parents were taken hostage in a reverse kidnapping. She was forced out of the Olympics to save their lives but they were killed anyway. She took vengeance into her own hands with her custom cross bow and has not looked back since.
Where from? Upstate New York
From when? Born 1914 in New York
What was your start? After killing those who killed her parents and almost getting killed in the process she started fighting other criminals, gymnastic, martial arts and other training at her mansion via a variety of instructors.
Story of your adulthood: few have seen the extensive gymnasium added to the rear of the mansion she lives in, but Anna hosts lavish parties, living off her extensive inheritance. She also has a keen business sense and invests in a variety of companies. There is a pattern to her investments as she has ties to several dubious companies now.
Knowledge that was picked up? She has background information on several crime families as they pertain to some of her business holdings.
Skills learned? Skilled with the crossbow, she has also honed her fighting and gymnastics enough to take on someone twice her size.
Abilities acquired? Expert with the bow, amazingly dexterous and fights like a banshee out of hell.
Story of one of your first heroic ventures (before meeting the others):After her almost disastrous first act, she planned a bit better and cornered a rum runner who had killed a child who got in his way. She left him dead and the evidence on his body.
Where it took place? An alley behind a speakeasy in Manhattan.
When it took place? Early January, 1933
Evil Plot that was thwarted?
None yet, but she has been building up a case through various companies against something big.
Villain that was bested?
The crime-boss Migual Vincent. She managed to essentially take out most of his liquor suppliers as they became too scared to do much in NYC. And while Prohibition ended in 1933, the Mob and its various businesses became her next target.

Working in the Skill Ladder with the DM, and so far we have:



And cool - I can copy/paste a table from Publisher.  Leaving a couple blank to get more feedback from the GM or fill in as necessary during game play.

And one of the location posters and PDFs will work for her mansion. These are from 0-Hr and is one of my auto-back Kickstarters. And finally get to use one of the maps, though as we're not at a table, the posters stay rolled up :(



Not entirely sure we'll be able to actually use this, I've thrown it out there for the GM. While I am hoping as it is a nice mansion complete with a dojo for her to practice her fighting and a lair (though not as high-tech as the poster and PDF, but we can swap out the computers for typewriters). In the end, it is his call as to whether we can use these for her home in NYC.

 As this is a character I will be playing shortly, I did create a PDF to print out. I like to have paper in front of me when I play. And dice. 


My characters so far


Other Sites Doing the Challenge 

(let me know who I've missed & I'll add them here)


No comments: