The plan is:
- generate characters round-robin style. As everyone has played before the basics are probably covered. However - they have not played in decades and I plan in using the Mongoose and/or Cepheus Engine rules. I need to generate the list of character types they can play that I have generation rules for. I will also be bringing printouts of various pre-gens from the software I've got in case they would rather do that.
- We will also have a combat test round to get everyone familiar with the combat process. This will be Mongoose 2nd edition mostly. Although the adventure itself may be entirely combat free.
- Go over the general rules and ideas behind Traveller. Again, as everyone has played before, this should not be too long. A brief intro to MTU (my Traveller Universe) which, as it hangs just outside the 3rd Imperium somewhere near the Great Rift, I do have "official" material as well as my own to use.
- Introduction to waking up on the short-hauler. A bit of a trope for Traveller (you awake in a cold berth with no idea how you got there!) it is how this adventure starts.
- Exploration of the ship, introductions between characters and the 1 NPC, and exploration of the slowly sinking craft.
- Escape from the ship, the trudge towards to only visible man-made object. I will have to have the encounter tables made up. Perhaps some jungle background noises.
- Finding the 1st body.
- Making it to the primary location, intros all around
- surviving the night.
- Animal encounters
- people encounters
- what is everyone doing
- where to next - do they get out?
- rescue via escape to starport or deux ex machina and bring in Travis Roanoke & the Katydid?
- continue game?
- feedback: what worked, what did not. Would they like to play again?
I am really hoping it works out - I would love to get back to refereeing (and playing if possible) Traveller as a regular thing. I am a bit nervous as well.