Sunday, January 08, 2023

Character Challenge 2023: 8/31

Rolling dice for a Traveller character, and I get 5A7926. Allowing myself the 1 re-roll or not? A 2 education is really interesting to me, so I think I'll leave that as it rolled. We have someone who is not particularly strong or educated, but dexterous and a bit above average intelligence. We've done military, which sadly is the majority of my 28mm scale minis. However - I do have a LOT of old 15mm Martian Metal minis from the 80s I somehow managed to hold on to. However - I am having a hard enough time taking pictures of the larger minis, so even tinier ones would be just little badly painted blurs! Though interestingly, I appeared to have purchased K'kree minis, and I've never really liked that alien race much. But there is one human mini carrying a camera, so perhaps I can do a journalist. Mongoose 2e has the journalist career.

Term 1 - Basic Training

Art (writing-0), Carouse-0, Carousing-0, Drive (wheeled-0), Persuade-0, Steward-0.  He does survive which, at 7+ then the -2 for his education, it seems he is doomed to be out of journalism pretty quickly! I won't be using the iron man rule as I would like a viable NPC, so we'll see. 

As an event, he has a chance to bring down a corrupt political leader! Hurray for the 4th estate! And yes, I pay for a paper, though it is electronic. I like "real" news. And back to the world of fantasy and science fiction. I gain an enemy (political figure), did not make my roll so get the skill Art (Writing-1) but roll on the mishap table. And oddly I am forced out because of controversy or censorship. Apparently that political figure still had friends in high places!

Cruz Gothworth, Journalist

5A7926, age 22, 1 political enemy, 1 contact
Art (writing-1), Carouse-0, Carousing-0, Drive (wheeled-0), Persuade-0, Steward-0

With what he thought would be a hard-hitting journalistic career, Cruz managed to make enemies in high places, and was fired from his first job. His editor, though, remains a contact for Cruz as he seeks out news as a freelance journalist, using his news blog to post about the political leaders of his system. He relies on various patrons who subscribe to his feed. With little education, he is mostly a self-taught man who has a heavy sense of skepticism and tends to some conspiracy theories which seem to always get more hits on his blog.
at the TAS Hotel landing area, where the K'Kree delegation is about to meet with the High Adjunct

Day 1: Classic Traveller Scientist

Day 2: OSE Gnome Illusionist

Day 3: Mongoose 2e Navy Commander

Day 4: The Fantasy Trip Spy

Day 5: Aslan Outcast

Day 6: Traveller Army Commando

Day 7: OSE 4th Level Cleric


And I've been remiss and not linking to the Tardis Captain who started this whole thing!

And welcome Captain Fortier! My 21st follower. Hopefully I won't let all these followers go to my head! (Honestly, I do this mostly for myself, and if others get something out of it, it's a win for everyone. I'd like to think that sometimes I do post useful things).

No comments: