Thursday, January 11, 2024

Character Challenge 11 of 31: Brass Rings - Gouda Parsnip

Gouda Parsnip is Brie Parmesian's fiancé. See the Brass Rings game here for who Brie is. A striking female mouse with immaculate black fur and immaculate whiskers, Gouda is from the Parsnip family. This rich, aristocratic family owns the largest cheese factory in the Rings. She has been brought up to be quite the lady, yet her parents have also taught her to be self-sufficient. She is the company troubleshooter: with her Chapeau of Obfuscation and other tools, she has caught cheese thieves, found spies from the Feta Cheese Farms (their chief competition in Cheeser's Outpost) and watches over the factory with a keen eye.

She and Bucky met at a fondue party held at the Swiss Cheese Paradox. Known for its peculiar architecture (the building is full of holes yet is structurally sound), she watched the young Brie measuring one of the holes. With the Beetle, she heard him murmuring that the more holes, the less building there should be, Amused, she approached him and they hit it off quite well. 

She was concerned when he had disappeared, and urged Dr. Crackers to find his nephew. He hired Bucky Bridgewater and Miss Fay Meadowheart. These two adventurers found and returned her Brie. Upon hearing of his adventures, Gouda is thinking perhaps a trip to Endkeep Station is in order. There could be business opportunities out there for a new Parsnip Cheese Factory in that little town on the edge of the Ring.

Brass Rings is a fun little RPG that we used as a filler game for a session or two. I would not mind running it again.



Random Stuff

I've been reading a few of the other blogs linked up and there are a lot of fun characters. It is great to see how other people do characters, and the amount of imagination people have.

I've also been going through to see what my followers are following and there are some great blogs out there! I just never have enough time to read all of them (though I did respond on one 1 found even though the actual post I commented on was 5+ years old - I imagine they will be surprised if they see that!)

I've also removed a couple of the blogs linked here - they were either no longer active or found or had gone sideways from what they were originally posting. I need to go through that again at some point. But if you want your blog linked, let me know - I'll happily add it. Even though this blog started as a Traveller blog, it has morphed quite a bit over the years (first post: October 2006 so almost 18 years! Wowsers!). I still try and post more Traveller than anything else, but I like most games and did noit think I really needed to have multiple blogs. 

2024 Challenge



No comments: