Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Fantasy Trip - side adventure

I am also going to run a side-adventure for the group into a pre-written adventure that I have: The Clockwork Tower as published by Steve Jackson games. Written for a party of 4 32 point characters they should be able to handle it. Poor Binky, the hippogryph pulling the cart, will get a stone and need a day or so of rest to get it cleaned up and taken care of. They group will be approaching Thistlewaite and decide to bed down there for the evening. Then just follow the adventure. It has its own special megahexes to match the adventure, so it will be well mapped out. We'll see how an actual adventure plays out - as there are a few others in that book I can fit into my world, it may all work out. I just need to update the map to include the town of Thistlewaite, and may use the town map supplied. But the advantage is that this adventure also gives some pricing info that fit well within the context of the current game, plus magic potions that they players may not know exist (well, I didn't either as we are all exploring the game)

And if I need a trail image, I took one of the pictures I took in Alaska and sort of made it into a line-drawing. Not entirely happy but it does give a nice feel for a haunted trail at least.
Maybe more of a lithograph feel. But this could easily be the trail they follow to the tower of the adventure.

And still thinking about expanding a bit on the Grass Clans, as well as the Puddlejumpers. 

And I need to remember to pack the new stuff and the gargoyle minis I do have. I always seem to forget something. 

No comments: