Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Lollypop

Just a quick update - last Fantasy Trip session some of the players were drawing. Here is the dragraffe from the half-Elf with the unpronounceable name:
It reminds me of my college days playing - we spent a lot of time drawing characters, ships, vehicles, everything. While the internet gives us a surplus of available art I feel the games can be so much more immersive when you do your own thing, have your own idea of what things look like. Most of my stuff comes from poking around and I try but usually fail to give proper credit as sometimes it is hard to find where the images came from, but a lot of the things are from my own head, such as the made up on the spot grass clans and a few other things. And maps - love me some maps! I even drew (badly) a hand-drawn treasure map the group found last game they seemed to like. Of course in a fantasy world, all maps are hand drawn!

A lot of the games my group does are from published adventures. Since I've started playing and GMing again, I've run a couple of published adventures. They are handy and easy, but I've usually sandboxed them in a larger game. The current Fantasy Trip game & Traveller game are both mostly my own design. For the Fantasy Trip that is working pretty well, Traveller I am not entirely convinced yet.

Anyway, stream of consciousness post without a lot of meat. I do want to have a few posts exploring both the Traveller universe and the fantasy world. Hoping to have a "travelling on a luxury liner" post to help my fellow players get a bit more immersed on board the King Richard, and I think I can expand out on the grass clans (I see grassland schooners tacking over the hills, with a rich trade to woods people for lumber in exchange for exquisite grass baskets that may have a touch of magic in them, or even throw in some stone beetle rocks. I do like to incorporate a lot of my resources. 

No comments: