Saturday, July 06, 2019

Session 0.9 - Ship and crew overview

''

Here is the ship and crew overview. I'll do a 0.91 go get Malik embedded with the crew (probably as a result of his 3rd term, being embedded in a ASB&TS trading ship a few years ago, and writing a favorable series of articles) in the next post.

The stats are mostly Mongoose 2nd edition, created using the High Guard book. I may go back to Classic Traveller and see if I can create the ship that way, and how much it would cost. The High Guard stats are correct other than the pricing. Ship numbers in my universe are the ship type (from Classic High Guard), and the first 5 digits from the USP (size, configuration, jump, maneuver, power), then the system initials where it was built, then some additional random numbers. At least that's what I am doing now (and think I used to do it that way, a long time ago).

Sticking with the 300 tons. In looking at the outside image, it is 3 decks just like a Scout ship, just a bit taller really, and not so Planet of the Apes Icarus-like. In fact, the designer (0-Hour) said he created this ship after the 2nd Star Wars movie as he liked Darth Maul's ship. It was used in his gaming at the time. While the interior is more than 3x the Scout plans, I'm okay with that.

Going with the overall dimensions it is actually 4,500 dtons. But that is the box shape, that is, the maximum dimensions. Counting the 5 foot squares in the lower cargo bay there are 105 which normally is about 50 tons. The ceiling is a bit higher, so I went with 75 tons for a nice, round number. Taking that and sort of filling in the other spaces I get about 3 times that much or so. Round up to 300 tons. Counting squares the main deck is about 300 tons, so really close enough.

I know - plugging 0-Hour. But Ryan Wolf's stuff is really great, if not ideal for Traveller. But as I do play a rules light game mostly... The image below is from his web site in the Starfinder area and free to download.

No comments: