Friday, August 23, 2019

Krim 0904 D'Arlee, first look

I've been on the computer way too long today, especially considering I was off today.

Looking at Krim, our next stop in my solo adventure.  B318AA8-E, meaning:

Diameter: 3 or just under 5000 kilometers. Less than .5G.
Atmosphere: 1 trace atmosphere. 0.06 atm so you will need a vacc suit!
Hydrographics: 8, 78% water. Going with the Europa approach here. And in T5 this is not even possible - if I am reading that chart right hydrographics is flux + atmosphere, so the max would be 7. And in T5 this does translate as an ice-capped world as well.
Population: A, tens of billions of people! On this ice ball!
Government: A, charismatic dictatorship. Must be awfully persuasive to get people here.
Law Level: 8 High Law, no open display of weapons

Class B starport and a tech level of E, so a very advanced system yet oddly just a class B port. Is that due to this port being in the League and not part of Imperial space and politics are involved?

Looking over the Heaven & Earth (aka Grand Census) info, 6 have what seems to be too common so I'll ignore the xenophobia aspects. But I do like unusual sleep times, fixed time for visiting (there are game possibilities there!), segregated during meals, live in special conditions, unusual significance of smells (maybe from the earlier days and the methane slush smell was a bad sign of your hab leaking!), and unusual cosmetics in certain occupations.

I'll expand on that later and make more ISS style maps. In the meantime, I also played around a little with the color mapping for the planet program to see if I could make something interesting. I think this little ice ball floating in space came out okay...



No comments: