Monday, September 02, 2019

Traveller Ship Tracker Progress and Miscellaneous

Making some progress on the basic ship tracker, MK near infinity...The basic class editor is in place, and adding a new ship is in place. What is not yet there is selecting the class for the ship & saving that, and editing existing ships. I've got a button for the class editor list but I am unhappy with that: I'd rather the row act like a button so that clicking that loads the class (and eventually, ship).

Hoping to get those details done soon - while this was a long weekend (Happy Labor Day to those who can celebrate it!) my son was also back from his first week in college. So I've been trying to spend as much time with him as he will allow me to!

Plus I've started painting minis. Some are coming out well, others, well, not so well. I'll try & post pictures at some point. I started with the easy things: some chests. I am really happy with how those turned out - the gold was a base coat of yellow, then a red wash, then a gold dry wash. The wood chests were a base of brown then either a dark brown wash or a light brown wash. The dark wash made the wood look older I think.  The rogues and Paladin, a mixed success. Not entirely sure I like how they turned out but they are better than just plain plastic! And doing some experiments on Zombicide:Invaders xenos. Base coat then a few layers of wash: one is pure dark green, the other two a mix of purple and green. Need to do some additional painting. probably some dry wash of darker green, and we'll see how they come out. I have plenty of those to play with!

I need to get back to the solo play but there is just so much time available to me. Plus I do like to sit back on the days I have off, enjoy my coffee and a book for a spell. I've managed to finish off about 4 books the last week.



1 comment:

Shawn Driscoll said...

I always enjoy seeing what others are programming for their hobby.