Sunday, August 11, 2019

Traveller Tracker - Designing the interface

I want to keep the interface simple, and the database backing simple. I've got a trial to Adobe XD which allows me to create prototypes and designs, so I am playing with that. Below are the screens, and here is a link to the actual prototype: Tracker Prototype  This link may die in 3 months as I've only a trial of the software.

The blue buttons should go back to the previous screen. From the main screen, Ship yard brings you to the list of ships you've created; clicking the first name will get you the ship details.  Ship classes gives you the list of classes. and I've added the Beowulf as a link.

Need to get back to the solo play but thought I'd restart this software project again. It will end up being a Win10 program only. The other option is to see if I could write a phone-based one via Flutter or some other language, but I don't want to forget about c#.

I did get Visual Studio 19 updated, so I need to get back into that, and see about starting the project all over. This time with a way for any interested readers to download and install. That UWP process sadly was not good for that.

While I will re-use a lot of that code, I do plan on trying to keep things as siloed as possible. I always start with good intentions at least!

Main Screen
Ship Classes
Beowulf Info


Ship List and Details

No comments: