Sunday, June 27, 2021

Leaving Tryonus

Having loaded the 5 tons of electronics we picked up, and having no additional funds for speculative trade, we checked the boards, and managed to load 11 tons of tools, 14 tons of still images (I was assuming artwork of some sort perhaps. And I am also guessing pretty fancy frames or something. If that cargo was not sealed I would have stolen a look, but Ewo was watching me), 14 tons of nitrogen compounds, 16 tons of raw hydrocarbons, 10 tons of radioactive ore (and I triple checked the rad seals, and stuck a sensor on it for good measure!), and 2 tons of metal parts. And a few other thigns - my cargo pad got pretty filled up. Most of our cargo space was empty as there was only 148 tons of cargo. This would only get us Cr148,000. But the captain seemed to be in a rush, and gave us just this week to search for goods. He said not to worry about it, he had a plan. I only wish he let us in on his plan. We did not have any passengers this time around. It would make my week a bit easier, though I was inordinately concerned with the radioactives we had aboard.

Finally re-found the classic rules for freight in Book 2. It was earlier in the book and not with the speculative trade section. Though sort of fudged and used Heaven& Earth and just used those results. Had enough cargo space for ALL the freight. Though this is a jump 2, and I may use Mongoose v1 rules where it is Cr1200 for jump 2. I've always chafed at the per jump rule (or is it per parsec - so many words over interpreting that on various forums!) Even though I actually have the time to roll everything up, I am just not feeling organized. After two years or more of this, you think I would have settled on something...I really want to start writing it down as the Solo rules say to do. After all, this is a pen and paper game!


After securing the cargo, signing the various manifests, we had only an hour for departure. We got Egg settled in, his air/raft in the forward shuttle bay we had been using as a cargo bay. It had some...interesting...colors. He said he was still learning to fly it, and it would be a handy thing to have to get about when we landed. As the No Refunds launched, I was watching the sensors as we approached jump point for Montca. While there were several ships heading to and from Tryonas, none hailed us on the way out. Being a B port with a decent population, I figured there would be more traffic (well, rolled a 3 on the major routes table and that indicates nothing.) We reached out jump coordinates and with a flicker, the Universe disappeared from my sensors.

Okay, so at least I got off of Tryonas! I need to re-find the dates. And I really should stick this in a notebook. Yeah, I keep saying that and not doing that...

No comments: