Monday, June 28, 2021

Apex Game - A Bit of Prep

Though it will be a few weeks before I run this game, I dusted off the Campaign Cartographer and tried again to make a map. I've got two versions I'm showing here (and ignore the highlighter - was trying something from a screen shot, and not really liking that...).

The first was supposed to look more like a hand-drawn map. The second I'm going with a professional German cartographer (there are the pre-WWII Nazis in this game - think Indian Jones and that sort of pulpy adventure).  And yes, I could always actually draw the map! I have saved off a lot of packing paper - these long rolls of paper just for doing that. But I am not sure we'll be face to face so a digital map is easier. And yeah, I do have a scanner....I do need to practice hand-drawing maps as well.

There is a port (Port Two in German if translate did not fail me) that the players will need to get to. Then either hiking 6-8 days or chartering a river boat for a 3 day journey up the river. I see alligators and some river dinosaurs in their future. Then at the entrance to the badlands, an overland trip of about 2 days to the base of the active volcano. Here is the ancient temple, vine-infested and who knows who or even what lives there now. Hidden inside are the mystery crystals the Germans want. They hope to power their giant plane with them, as the fragments seem to host nearly unlimited power. Of course, perhaps too many too close together create a chain reaction of some sort...



okay, so there is a spaceship here. Another 0-Hr Kickstarter. The "plane" is really a spaceship as well from a Patreon account I give money to. I like creative people being able to be creative!

Took a mini-vacation in Greensboro, NC and the museum had dinosaurs. The actual displays were really cool: e-ink glass in front of some of the exhibits had active descriptions, some pseudo-3D exhibits, and of course, large dinos!




So I have some encounter images ready to go!


No comments: