Sunday, November 10, 2019

Planning the 1 Shot, Part 2

I was fairly well prepared, had my car loaded with the big box of I want It All goodness, and got the text message: the boys are sick, and not allowed to get out while feverish. So I have another week or so to prepare. I did give Nate a Fantasy Trip folder with blank character sheets (I knew there was a reason I bought those folders! TFT Office Supplies should be another Kickstarter!)

I did realize I forgot to bring any coins for the various treasures that may be found, and now I have a chance to create the interior of the tower for the end battle part. So while I was pretty well prepared, now I can be even more (over) prepared!

Longer term, if this goes well, I may introduce one or two of my gaming buddies to the game. But one step at a time - see if they like it and want to continue on with that. While I would like my own son to want to play, I can be satisfied that he at least goes to the gym with me!

I also have a fair number of paper minis. For the 1st game I don't think we need any, and I've got metal or plastic minis for the players. The Dwarf is below, and the roguish Elf I'll use one of the rogues I have.

And when you take a photo of a mini, and it gets large, it is easy to see all the places that need work! I worked pretty hard on the shading and tried to do a bit of highlighting. The beard still needs work. But when it is small it looks pretty good :)

No comments: