Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Wanted posters

 If I print these out, I do have parchment-style paper so I can remove the background. But as we're playing online, guess images are all we need. I miss playing at the table!


I started adding a bibliography of where I get some of the images. Late to that party, but at least there is a token effort.

One of the players has an interesting & funny background - if I get his permission I'll have to post it as it is done in the first person and manages to bring all three players together. And give a few more NPCs that may eventually make their debut in the game. All the players have their backgrounds, though this one was written in the 1st person so that helps set the mood even more!

I recently discovered filters in GIMP after installing a plug-in to get clouds in my worlds (see this post for an example). Started with an image the player gave me:


then applied a few filters until I found one I liked for a wanted poster:





Though the black & white one is probably a better fit, I used a different one.
He thought it funny as did I. Though the ranger that posted the wanted poster is hundreds of miles away to the south. He may eventually make a trip up to Nebraska but at the moment seems like Hawbones is good to go.

Second set of NPC cards - a Kung Fu like (70's TV show) martial artist who may be trying to help the Chinese immigrants, a deputy, the Ranger and now I can't recall who Roger Rose is other than I liked the image. As a raider, guess he may be an NPC that could be exploring the potential ruins in the Spikes. Because I just got some Mayan coins and want to use them so perhaps an oddly misplaced Mayan city of some sort. I checked my bible and he is not in there. So obviously I liked the picture and wrapped a story around him. Now to write part of it up. He could end up a patron or something - other than the old Traveller 76 Patrons, I've never really used patrons much in a game. I need to really start doing that more. I think when I start using cults or guilds that may come into play a bit more as the characters may have to get stuff or do things to progress in the cult or guild. Which reminds me that I really need to read some of those books I keep getting!



Anyway, I feel that the game is going to be starting sooner rather than later. Pretty ready for the 1st couple of sessions with plenty of fall-back options. I'll hopefully be able to read the room and make adjustments on the fly so that everyone has a good time.


3 comments:

Baron Greystone said...

Yippie-ki-yay!

Baron Greystone said...

Hey, I just stumbled upon a Bob Eggleton illustration that's right up your alley: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0d/a7/4b/0da74b5d692a316f11687ff80dbec839.jpg

Craig Oliver said...

thanks - I'll pass it along.