Friday, July 31, 2020

Crafty Dungeons

I have been baking a bit more than usual the last few months, just like a lot of people. I was about to throw out a baking powder can when I realized I could get crafty. It can be both a small scale dungeon tower and storage! 

First I primed the can, thinking I'd do something with it like that. Then I realized it would be easier to find a good texture and just make a wrapper for it. 

So voila, I can use this as a watch tower, an interesting wall or something. I also printed up a science fiction wrapper. I may end up cutting a hole in it and adding a door. I have several SF doors from a Kickstarter a few years back that I never used. If I can get a fantasy door (and I have a few, as well as a few on the way) that are the same size, it may be a reusable project.

I really miss table top games. Playing over Skype is not the same. 

My coworkers and I did manage to play a Zombicide game on Tabletop Simulator. While not able to share a pizza, the art assets were really well done, and it was about as close as you can get without being there. It may be a bit closer if we had complete 3D immersion and haptic feedback, but it was better than playing solitaire!

I may have to add a cheap crafting label if I make more crafty style play toys. 

And in looking at the barbarian I realized I never quite finished painting him up! Weekend projects - paint a couple more minis, work a bit on the Traveller Ruby program so I am not ghosting my COTI friend, maybe work on my own Traveller software again, and we need another episode of my SOLO Traveller game. And I need to prep for Monday's game as well! So much to do!

No comments: