Sunday, July 19, 2020

Lamia's Labyrinth

I got started on this then realized I have a Corsairs game tomorrow night I needed to prepare for! So the previous post goes over that, along with some re-reading of the rules, and printing out some stuff & actually putting it into my notebook, hole-punched, so I have it handy. And better organized than the pile of papers.

Anyway, I went through the Dyson maps I do have and found an interesting one that is about the size I want to deal with. And I like my name for it. 

I took the map, dropped it into GIMP and added a layer. Using the mosaic distortion allows you to add hexes. Played with the size a bit until I got the size that seemed about right for the corridors. The save that off as an image, and load into Google draw as it is a lot easier to deal with text in that. And added a sandy looking background. Added numbers per room, then realized the Corsair game was coming up. So that is as far as I got. The plan is:

  1. add a few traps to the map from one of the trap manuals I have
  2. add at least a couple of things from the various PDFs I've bought via Kickstarter. There are a few that are actually in separate PDFs (a gauntlet here, a helm there, that end up with a composite affect versus the individual bonuses they may give).
  3. maybe drop in one of the Decks of Silly Things.
  4. throw in a few characters which is the entire reason they *may* go into the Lamia's Labyrinth.
  5. decide if this is a bad lamia or a good lamia. She may still want to eat them.
There are 18 locations marked on the map, and perhaps a couple I've not marked I'll discover when reading through some of the PDFs.

I also need to figure out why this is here, and buried in the sand. Will there be clues to the lost city of Tuvano? I'll need to read through that & take any notes that may be useful for running that adventure. 

Plus I've been dropping other Kickstarter locations in my world: the Yol'Najj Forest is just over the mountains south of Tuvano, the Riany City has been hinted at but not located yet, Willow has yet to be situated. I've stuck Wrex's Drift off the bay there, as well as So'lan is in the same bay. Off-map is the island of the Amazons. Lots of stuff I can add as needed. When we finally get back to playing!

No comments: