Sunday, March 28, 2021

General Fantasy Index

I realized I do have a Traveller career index, and after far too many Kickstarters, I am losing track of the things I do have and should be able to use.

Going to just push the link the spreadsheet here as it is already 130+ rows. It started with the Hexgram, and I've added the Phylactory #1, a bunch of other 1 shot zines from all three ZineQuests (those are so bad for me: I want them all, but don't use them yet. But I also am so appreciative and in awe of those people willing to put themselves out there. One day I hope I have both the courage and the plan to do so!). The Phylactory 2 is in another room at the moment, and #3 is on the way. I think once I get it all in, it may not be too hard to keep up with things.

I also added a tab for the various RPGs I do have. It is not complete, and I probably should add a note for those I've actually played and/or refereed. Obviously I do have Traveller (it's career index is here; no wondering if I need to expand that for the adventures. And heaven help me: I did start a ship index at one point....

Adding index as a tag for the various indices. Pretty sure there is a way to keep certain posts perma-linked on the blog, but I'm okay with just using the index tag for those interested.

And I also realized recently I have a LOT of minis. Not even sure what I have as some are 40+ years old. And how often will I use those pixie minis (though there is a setting that has the Pixie Liberation Front, want to say the Lazy Liche, so there is something I have that would have those minis in play! But I've not yet indexed that setting). But I also have 3 mini Kickstarters that will get shipped this year: Reaper is the big one as it was too good a deal and it was pre-pandemic (come to think of it, I think all three were). There are a few hundred minis in that one. The Ultimate Bestiary has 60 or so, and then the Fantasy Series 1 I think is about 200. So yeah, what to do about storing them, using them, painting them. I do have a garden tub - I could do a Scrooge McDuck I suppose. 

And in going through the various things I've picked up over the years, I realize I seem to want to run a crazy-ass game that can go off the rails. I've tended to the PG-13 "safe" games as that seems to appeal to me at some level. But there are a lot of gonzo things I know my group would really love. I know - I've rung this bell before. I'll bring it up tin my next game session - do they want to see if I can go at least a bit bolder in a game? More random stuff that gives them more power earlier. I've just preferred a more natural progression: as the players get used to the game mechanics, their characters get correspondingly stronger and more powerful weapons, attacks and options. In fact, I'll post the spreadsheet in our Skype channel and bring that up. I know we've a few more weeks of the Fate game, then the anthropomorphic game, then who knows. Or else I need to see if I can start up another night perhaps. Wednesdays are my sporadic work game nights (we've done Cosmic Encounter the last few game nights, but they are interested in Skythe. I just need to figure out how to play that game!)

And dang - I entirely forgot one of the Bundle of Holdings I did came with several PDFs of random tables - not sure if I need to stick those in my index but I may have to. Never know what may be on a dead Goblin or in a magic desk. I have all these resources and just never use them. Printing out a few of the pages and adding to my physical notebook - long lists of beers, teas and things that may be handy.

I'm actually pretty happy with the Elf, and vaguely satisfied with the Terror Bird. I had a picture of the Elf that someone painted at Reaper, so basically tried to follow that. I've not decided if I want to do one more highlighting pass yet. I also got some Army Painter flesh colored paints as I had a dearth of choices for human skin: scholar white or dark skin. Yes, I can add shades but I am not as consistent with that yet (though I also got the various monster skin tones from Reaper a bit ago, so I can do ogre, orc and troll skin apparently!) Just waiting to get back to a table to move little plastic army men with character around the table!





No comments: