Saturday, November 28, 2020

Lamia's Labyrinth Solo Test Part 3

 Exiting from the 2nd room, there is a wide corridor that stretches east and west:



Our characters decide to head east, moving slowly. Fortunately the thief character did notice the spiked trap, so they managed to avoid that. In theory this trap could actually kill the characters. It also begs the question: if the people they are searching for went this way, either they noticed and avoided the trap as it was not triggered. Or perhaps it is a self-resetting trap: I suppose with weights and counter measures that could work. I do know (spoiler!) that the main trap room actually does magically reset itself. I need to figure a good reason why, perhaps. 


Now, what I think I also need to do is roll every 15 minutes or so of game time I can roll something like:

  • 1: yellow slime on the ceiling
  • 2-5: nothing
  • 6: the sound of a large, clawed creature can be heard, scritching down the corridor.
The circling corridor has a couple of traps that should be avoidable by the party, but there is always a chance of rolling horribly (which is how I normally seem to roll!).  As they may have to traverse it again, we'll assume that any traps they've noticed before they can automatically avoid on the return trip.

I still need to throw in some hints for 2 other places in this labyrinth: Tuvano, and perhaps those pyramids they spied coming into this area of the desert. But one of the helpful hints for the Tuvano adventure would be a small cache of valuables that may be identified as coming from Tuvano. And interestingly enough, Windemere Crossing does have a banker who takes in various treasures for coins that are more easily spent. So some of the jewels and whatnot will be identifiable as coming from that now ancient city. I also have some ancient maps they may find, with hint of treasures. 

If I have time tomorrow, I'll see about the big trap room. That will need to use the dry erase hex battle map to get something big enough for that as it is a fairly large room. And I'll roll for the yellow slimes and giant beasties that may be prowling, hungry for fresh food.

So far all I have needed so far were the adventurers minis and a giant spider: I may have to add an appendix for what is needed to play in this as well. Not that I am considering publishing, but eventually I may see if I can write up some generic yet interesting adventures or something.

No comments: