Sunday, February 25, 2018

Tracker - Printing is still hard!

But I've got a start. Using some UWP Community tools to help with the print. What really needs to happen is a more generic way (there is a pretty good MVVM version that almost works, and might if I was doing the whole MVVM thing. But I am not).

I do have it printing the list control (the list of cargos themselves), but what really needs to happen is I need to create a nice looking RTF (Rich Text Format) and go from there. I now know how to get the print to work using the OS native print control, so there is a preview and all that. Now I just need to make a good-looking document and print from there.

And this is slow going not because it is hard (well, that too), but because I have a severe lack of time due to classes. Who knew that getting a 2nd masters would take so much time? Rhetorical question - I figured I'd give up any personal life the next 2 years.  I am adapting (and so far have a 49.5 / 50 so must be doing something right!). Any free time though goes to family. They all happen to be away today and I've caught up on classes. So here we are!

Wish I had a picture or something. Heck - I'll put in the ugly print I've got now.  I do plan on making this into a better document, and I am really thinking adding graphics - i.e., allow the user to upload stamps and stuff.  Down the road assuming I keep going down the road...


No comments: