Sunday, October 11, 2020

Sunday Painting - Zombicide:Invader Alien

 The primary reason I backed Zombicide:Invader was the minis. Turns out that my son also enjoyed the few games we had, so hopefully there will be some more games to play. Being a lazy Sunday afternoon, I decided I wanted to try & paint something as it has been a few weeks since I've managed to break out the paints. 

So, washed and dried the model, a sort of Alienesque creature that will work for fantasy and SF (and maybe horror, so a monster of all trades!)


A base coat of Nagul Green goes on next. Want him darker but this can work for a base coat. In hindsight I may have tried the cheaper acrylic as I do have a darker green, but this is only the 1st layer.


A few spots were missed but they will get caught up later. So next a bit of red for that tongue, then a 1st sort of dry brushing to get some of those chitin plates a bit darker.


So we have a blushing Xenomorph :)  Next I want to fill in the nooks and crannies so out comes a dark wash to spread about where it needs to go. It also helps with the chitin plates, though I am going to have to see about getting some matte duller to make things not so shiny after some of those washes.


I'll be doing some darker green in some spots, and a lighter green highlighting the edges and raised areas. Not sure if I want to make some of those areas a darker red. And I am also not using a lot of different colors. I know several miniature paint suppliers often will collect a trio of colors for this sort of shading, so you can start with each layer as is. I may eventually look into that - I do have a few wish list item in my Reaper account, but I need to try some other paints as well.  But the wash takes a bit longer to dry out, so taking a break. 

No comments: