Sunday, April 21, 2019

Gargoyle Rock

Digging back through my college hand-drawn maps and attempting to update them via Campaign Cartographer. Below is Gargoyle Rock, a smallish island full of gargoyles. My guess is I had just bought the gargoyle miniatures and wanted them to have their own island. Not sure where this is in the broader scheme of things as I never made a master map...And for some reason, my gargoyles are green but have pink wing membranes. I am wondering if I had a lack of paints and just used what I had.

Not sure what gaming system I was using, but the notes on the side of the map indicate:
Population: 1,050
Inhabitants: Gargoyles
Location: West end of Divisor River
Access: Warlock Cloak (now that sounds interesting!)
Statistical Information: 
  • Magic Resistance: 0
  • Death Resistance: 5
  • Mobility (unity): 7
  • Range: Land 0.5, air 5 (guess they are slow on the ground and fast in the air)
  • Evil-Neutral: 2
  • Size: 25 miles, 625 square miles
  • Highlights - minimal vegetation, Forketh River is slowly dividing the island in half, mage floatation: 25%
I wonder what mage floatation is?

The original map is pretty sparse. I guess having only 3 or 4 gargoyle miniatures Ifelt that their world did not need too much detailing.


         


No comments: