Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Spelunking my library part 3: Finishing college

I actually still have a few note pads of forms that were 3rd party character sheets, the old Astrogators Guide which is not even full, and a few other forms and things.

Old school Traveller Character Sheets

The box is now a plastic bin

In college I did not have a lot of money, so could only get a few things, Even after I stopped most of my gaming, I still managed to add a few things. The random Traveller magazine, or game that may fit in with Traveller. While not actively playing, I was still drawing maps, making up spaceships, and generally spending some time in Traveller-space.

But all things come to an end, and in my junior year of college I got married and when I graduated, my cardboard box of game stuff, along with the handmade wooden box full of minis, followed me to North Carolina, to stay in the closet until I got divorced a couple of years later. And then I found the big reprint book of the Alien Races, and realized I really missed Traveller. But that is a story for the next post!

never played it but I liked the cover - same guy who drew/write the Mechanoids (which I did buy during this period as well and just got the reprint book, being nostalgic and all that)

A starport in the Astrogators Guide

lower decks of an armed merchant

upper decks of the armed merchant. I do believe the deck plans are a lot larger than the 400dtons, even with the 10% slosh space!

One of the few Traveller magazines I have other than a dozen or so JTAS. I miss those days - everything today is PDF. Sure, cheaper, but you can't put in a box to pull out decades later! But reading a magazine just seems so much better than reading a PDF.





No comments: