Friday, November 19, 2021

MTU: Mont Image Preview

As my solo game is going to be headed for Mont next, I do need to work on those details a bit. I did get another world builder humble bundle, and this one came with another world fractal generator from the same people as Campaign Cartographer. Fractal Terrain is really powerful and gives me even more control than the fractal generator I was using before. Plus it is fully GUI versus the command line. Though I do like the command line tool as well. It also allow me to output a series of globe images, and from them I can make a gif!

 

And the big world map:

So there is some potential. I am supposed to be able to export that world into Campaign Cartographer, but so far the results have not been great. I just need to play around with the options a lot to figure that out.

And for Traveller at least, the map has some interesting interactivity. It gives all sorts of info where you have the cursor at:

I'll have a further update later this weekend hopefully, but I was excited by more mapping possibilities, and now the ability to make the gifs (which is via a website that I just upload the sequence of images to) I can have more interesting things as well. Though I'll still use GIMP to make larger globes. I need to re-read some stuff as there was a way to make it look like there was an atmosphere as well. And there was a series on how to make gas giants, so I need to work with that some more.

And happy week before Thanksgiving if you are in the United States!

And finally - I was in Florida last week for a small vacation. And I saw a mermaid!


The show was more impressive simply because, while they do use air tubes, they can still hold their breath a long time!

No comments: